Have you ever experienced driving an overheating car? Smoke comes out of the hood making it difficult for you to see through the windshield and pretty soon, the temperature gauge shows an overheating warning. All drivers should know very well what to do when they find themselves in this kind of situation. Although not as common as it was decades ago, even new cars of today can overheat.
Thankfully, for as long as you can stay in touch through your mobile phone, help can be on its way in no time. However, it would be very helpful if you already know what to do on your own. The NSC (National Safety Council) lists down the steps you need to follow in case your car overheats. Keep the tips below in mind to ensure that you’re safe while solving the problem or while waiting for help to come.
1. Park your car on the safe side of the road and turn off your engine. Some drivers would still be curious about where the smoke is coming from and would open the hood and pour water over the engine – this is wrong. Get off your car and call for roadside assistance when you’re not sure what to do.
2. Open the hood only when your car has cooled down completely. You will also see that the temperature gauge would be moving down to cool.
3. Look for the coolant reservoir under your hood and check the radiator’s coolant level.
4. Try feeling the radiator cap and check whether it is already cool. Do not open it when it is still hot. For extra precaution, use a towel or rag to protect your hand when you twist off the cap. Avoid hot steam because this can cause injury.
5. If you have spare coolant in stock, fill up the radiator to the top and place the cap back on.
6. Check all heater hoses including the upper and lower hose attached to the radiator for any damages, blockages or disconnections.
7. Restart your car’s engine. Check the temperature gauge regularly and be cautious if it crosses the optimal mark. When this happens, pull over and turn the engine off.
When you need help on the road while driving in Augusta, Augusta Tow Truck is here to help. For many years, we helped drivers of overheating cars, cars with engine troubles and flat tires, and more. Aside from tow truck service Augusta, we also offer timely roadside assistance at fair prices. Save our number on your phone so you may reach us anytime you need us. You may also call us at 706-705-5270 to get a free quote.
Nobody in his right mind or with good intentions would plan a car accident. An accident happens out of nowhere and totally unexpectedly. While there are some causes of car crashes that are preventable, there are still some that just happens without warning.
The best way to stay away from road accidents is by being aware of the usual causes of car crashes and trying to avoid those circumstances as much as possible. Among the common causes of car accidents are the following:
1. Distracted Driving – Using a cell phone, daydreaming, changing the radio station, and many others are only some of the many forms of distracted driving. Distracted drivers cause thousands of fatal crashes yearly.
2. Bad Weather – Storms, foggy roads, snowy and slippery roads can cause dreadful car crashes. Drivers are reminded to maneuver their car with utmost care. When possible, stay at home during extreme weather conditions.
3. Speeding – The law assigns speed limits for a reason. Going too fast or too slow can definitely cause car accidents.
4. Running Red Lights – A quick YouTube search will lead you to numerous red-light running car crashes. These accidents have claimed the lives of drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, and many others.
5. Drowsy Driving – Many times we’ve seen car crash news reports that talk about drivers falling asleep behind the wheel. When you feel sleepy, pull over to a safe spot first.
6. Driving Under the Influence – DUI’s involving alcohol or drugs have certainly caused countless deaths on the road. Don’t do illegal drugs. Don’t risk taking the wheel when you’ve had several drinks.
By knowing the usual causes of car crashes, you can be more aware of what you need to avoid. In the event that you need roadside assistance or tow service in Augusta, call Augusta Tow Truck at 706-705-5270. Ask us for a free quote!
Imagine this – your car’s engine failed or you might have gotten into an accident. You already called for a tow truck’s assistance but it still takes a while before the service arrives. What should you do while waiting? Of course, you have to stay safe until the tow service arrives. Should you wait in the car or should stay away from it?
Your first priority while on the road should always be your safety. Accidents happen. Engine troubles can also happen too even if your car is well maintained. Once you have already called for tow service, you can start feeling relieved because you know for sure that help will come. While waiting, here are some reminders you have to keep in mind:
Hopefully, the tips above can help you keep safe until help arrives. If you need reliable tow service in Augusta, just give us a call. Augusta Tow Truck offers 24/7 emergency assistance, tow trucks for all kinds of vehicles including large trucks, jumpstart assistance, car locksmiths, and more. You may reach us at 706-705-5270 to get a free quote.
The dictionary defines the word accident as an unintentional or unexpected unfortunate incident that may have caused injuries or damages. Many would say that it’s simply a stroke of bad luck or misfortune. However, when it comes to car accidents, there are so many that could have been prevented if only the drivers were more responsible. Distracted driving accidents have risen over the years and by now, you’d think that people should have learned their lesson already. Apparently, many still didn’t.
Driving distractions are incredibly serious causes of car crashes. Did you know that in 2017, there were a total of 34,247 car accidents that took the lives of 37,133 people? According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or the NHTSA, 9% of a total of 2,935 of these fatal crashes involved distraction while driving. A total of 3,166 people were killed just because someone took the wheel while distracted. 9% might seem like a low number, but thousands of lives could have been saved if people simply followed basic driving rules.
Drivers are prohibited from holding their cellphone to text or call while driving in Georgia. You will receive a point against your driving record and will be required to pay $150 when found guilty. However, cellphone use while driving is not the only form of distraction out there. It could be that you looked away from the road while speaking to a passenger. It could also be that you’re changing your car’s temperature or the music on the radio. Sometimes, it could be as simple as daydreaming!
Augusta Tow Truck believes that being a responsible driver is the first step to safety on the road. Sure, there are unfortunate events such as engine failure, the brakes won’t work or the tire blew up. We are here to help you with emergency assistance just in case. However, it is your responsibility as a driver to make sure that you’re doing your best to follow the rules and avoid all kinds of distraction while you’re behind the wheel. You are responsible for your own life, your passengers, and other drivers and passengers of cars that you pass by.
If you need help such as roadside assistance, jumpstarting your vehicle, changing flat tires, or tow truck service in Augusta, call us right away. You may reach Augusta Tow Truck at 706-705-5270 for immediate assistance and free estimates
Just like any responsible car owner and driver, you must already know about all the precautions you have to take before you start your car and while you’re on the road. However, not everything goes as planned all the time. There are times when you have problems with your vehicle such as engine trouble, flat tire, and others. While you can always have a spare tire, water, and other tools prepared, there are also times when you have to call for tow service.
Some people take the risk of calling friends, waiting for help to come or even hailing down passers-by to get help when changing tires or jumpstarting their car’s battery. It’s great when you have a friend nearby who can assist you immediately. However, with the current safety situation on the roads these days, it isn’t really idea to get help from random strangers.
If you hesitate to call on tow service just because you worry about its cost, then you should learn more about it in advance as part of your precautionary measures as a car owner. Here are some of the factors affecting the cost of tow service:
Sounds simple enough, right? Truth be told, there are many companies offering an affordable cost of tow service. You simply have to ask. For instance, Augusta Tow Truck, one of Augusta’s most trusted tow companies, offers free estimates for the cost of tow service. Call us and we’ll let you know more about our services and the rates we offer. If you have problems on the road, you may reach us at 706-705-5270 for immediate assistance!
Car accidents, minor and major ones, happen every day across the world. No matter how much you practice defensive driving and take extra care while on the road, you never really know what happens next. Accidents are unplanned events. While you can avoid and prevent it, the best you can do is to be prepared. Here are the things you must remember to if you get into a car accident.
1. Stop. No matter how minor the accident is, you must stop the vehicle. Step on the brake as soon as you can. This will prevent further damage or injury. Stopping at the point of collision can also help determine who is at fault when another vehicle is involved in an accident.
2. Check if there are any injuries. Right after stopping your vehicle, check for any injuries. Make sure that you check yourself and all your passengers as well.
3. Call for police assistance. If someone is hurt, call for medical assistance as well.
4. Take photos of the scene and all damages. The only way you can protect yourself should there be any legal processes, later on, is if you have pictures of the scene of the accident right when it happened.
5. Get the information of the other party involved. If your car collided with another car, exchange information with the other driver. Get the name, car and driver’s license number, contact numbers, etc.
6. Call for tow service when necessary. If your car cannot be driven away from the scene anymore, call for tow services. You may also ask the police for assistance if you need to get your car towed.
7. Secure your valuables in the car. Make sure your valuables are secure especially if you’re getting your car towed.
8. Remind yourself of your rights. You are not obliged to make any official statement right away if you don’t want to. If you believe that this could be a serious accident that might require legal proceedings, speak to your lawyer first.
Augusta Tow Truck is the company to call if you need tow services in the Augusta area. Call us at 706-705-5270 for immediate roadside assistance and free estimates.
Among the common reasons cars stall on the road is because of a flat tire. Consider yourself lucky when you find your car’s tire pressure low and it still has enough air until you get to a gas station or fill it up with pressure yourself. There are many cases when tires “explode” all of a sudden or are too flat to make your car run safely. Tires don’t come cheap too. Getting brand new tires all the time will definitely cost you a lot of money. That’s why every car owner should know about some simple tips on how to extend tire life.
Visually Inspect Your Car’s Tires Regularly
This is ideally done every day before you leave your driveway. Check on your car’s tires if everything looks fine. Remove any large debris, glass or stones stuck between the tread. Examine the tires whether there are cuts, holes or visible cracks.
Tire Rotation and Alignment
A great tip from car experts is to rotate your car’s tires every 6,000 miles. The weight on the front of your car where the engine usually is versus the back of your car where you usually store your things are significantly different. The front tires could wear down easier compared to the back or the other way around. For even distribution of this natural wear and tear, rotate your tires regularly. While doing so, get your tire’s alignment checked as well.
Tire Pressure Matters Greatly
It is most ideal to check your tire pressure weekly. If you don’t have a pressure gauge of your own, check the pressure every time you gas up your car. Make sure that you follow the tire pressure that’s marked on the side of your car’s doors or on the manual – not necessarily the pressure suggestion marked on the tires.
As an extra precaution, make sure that your spare tire is always in great shape in case you encounter a tire problem while on the road. When you need help, call Augusta Tow Truck. You may reach us anytime – 24/7 roadside assistance available – just dial 706-705-5270!
Getting ready for a road trip Aside from the usual things like making sure you have interesting stops on the way to your destination, there are some very important reminders that you have to keep in mind.
Prepare to drive for long hours so if your travel buddy has a driver’s license, consider switching places every few hours or so. Make sure your car is ready for your road trip too. Nothing could be more inconvenient and troublesome than having a stalled car in the middle of nowhere! Here are some tips that might help you out.
1. Check the spare tire and other basic tools like the tire iron and jack.
Flat tires are very common especially when you drive your car continuously for hours. If you happen to drive over a sharp object, then tire replacement is necessary. Make sure you have a spare tire that you can use in case this happens. Of course, you have to check the tire pressure, tire tread, and overall tire condition too.
2. Fill up your gas tank.
Don’t drive with a half-full tank thinking you’ll pass by a gas station soon, anyway. It’s best to be sure that you have enough gas to last for hours. When you do pass by a gas station while on the road and the gas tank is already half-empty, then refill it already.
3. Check the engine oil, filter, and brake fluid.
These are very basic things you should be checked before going on a long drive. If you are not sure how to do this, better get a mechanic to help you out. When necessary, replace the engine oil and filter.
4. Bring a fire extinguisher.
Fires are also quite common especially when your car overheats during a long drive. And yes, this happens even to fairly new cars so don’t take this for granted.
5. Prepare to be bored.
Going on a road trip sounds exciting but after hours on the road, it gets pretty boring. Make sure you have great music prepared. Remember, you have to keep your eyes on the road so it’s best to have music as your entertainment. Leave the movies to your passengers instead. Bring a car charger too! It can get stressful when your phone battery goes empty and you know you still have hours of roads ahead of you.
6. Make sure your car or phone’s GPS is working just fine.
Do a quick test on your car or phone’s GPS system. This is very important especially when you’re going somewhere for the first or second time – unless you’re planning to rely on the good old paper map.
7. Keep a reliable tow service company’s number handy.
Finally, make sure you have a tow service company’s number saved on your phone in case you need assistance. These tow trucks are not only good for towing – they can also help you jumpstart your car, unlock your doors when you accidentally lock yourself out, help you with tire changes, engine troubles and more.
If you’re passing by the Augusta area during your road trip, Augusta Tow Truck is the company to call when you need help. We have a reliable team who can assist you anytime – 24/7. Save our number. Call 706-705-5270 when you need us!
Your car not starting at all? Perhaps it’s a discharged battery after leaving the lights on while parked for hours. When you own a manual car and you know how to jumpstart your car while rolling, then you can probably handle this problem on your own. But is there a way to jumpstart an automatic transmission vehicle?
Many Americans now use automatic vehicles because of the convenience it brings especially when traveling long distances or driving in heavy traffic. However, one of the downsides of owning an A/T vehicle is that you can’t jump start it the way you could on an M/T vehicle. In this case, you may need to use jumper cables from another vehicle and borrow some of their battery power.
When your car stalls in the middle of the night or in a public parking space, you’re on your own. While asking strangers for help is an option, this could potentially be dangerous considering all the unfortunate events happening practically everywhere! It’s just not that easy to trust strangers anymore. In addition, who brings jumper cables with them all the time, right?
In many cases, you don’t even need to get your car towed anymore. After a successful jumpstart, you can drive your car home safely. Just make sure that you bring your car to the technician the next day to ensure that your batteries are still safe enough to use when driving for the days and months to come.
So who are you going to call in case you need jumpstart Augusta? If you’re in the Augusta area, then Augusta Tow Truck is the company to call. We offer professional towing services at friendly rates. Allow us to help jumpstart your automatic transmission vehicle and get it running again. Of course, our staff will also help check whether your car is safe to drive afterward. We are available 24/7! Just call 706-705-5270 for assistance.
Do you operate a trucking business or frequently drive a large truck on your own? We’re pretty sure you go through all preventive measures to ensure that you’re safe and sound on the road. However, trucks, like all other road vehicles, are sometimes unpredictable. There are times when the truck stalls while on you’re on the road because of engine trouble, a blown up tire or some other reason. In this case, you can’t call just any tow truck especially ones that offer vehicles way smaller than your truck. It is important for you to know who to call for affordable truck towing services.
Trucks are obviously extra-large vehicles so it takes larger tow trucks to move them. More often than not, this is a costlier service compared to just regular car towing. Thankfully, there are many companies offering reliable and honest services so you can get immediate assistance without having to pay such a high price.
When you own at least one truck that’s frequently on the road, it is very important to have a go-to tow service company that can cater to your needs. Accidents, engine trouble, and other issues may happen at any given time so it is better to be always prepared.
Augusta Tow Truck offers affordable truck towing services in Augusta, GA and nearby areas like Aiken, Beech Island, Belvedere, and more. Whether you need roadside assistance, 24/7 emergency service, jumpstart assistance, and more, we are here to help. For many years, we’ve been helping truck operators and drivers bring a stalled truck to a safer place where proper repairs can be done. Best of all, we keep our rates reasonable without sacrificing the quality of service. When you need to get your truck towed, we are the company to call. You may reach us any time of the day or night at 706-705-5270. We also offer free estimates!